Thursday, November 1, 2012

what is this?

i know what your thinking– 'what is this, some kind of food blog? put down the wooden spoon girl, you're going cooking crazy!

yeah well, its a stage i'm currently going through, and, really, who doesn't enjoy marvelling over some super delicious breakfast concoctions? Personally I think, breakfast is the best meal of the day and I love coming up with different yummy and healthy recipes! These recipes are my next source of inspiration

I have been revelling in the beauty of quinoa (I quite honestly could eat the stuff three meals a day, everyday!) using it in porridge and lovely salads

Those who have been following my instagram have already been privy to my daily creations, sans recipe, however, so I may as well present the whole kit and kaboodle now!



1. Tri-coloured quinoa porridge with soy milk and stewed strawberries

2. Creamy oat porridge with mango and soy milk

3. Oats with apple, sultanas and cinnamon

4. Left-over quinoa with soy milk and mango


5. Tri coloured quinoa salad with roasted beetroot, spinach, celer, avocado and lemon zest

6. Green quinoa salad with spinach, avocado, sweet potato, celery, lemon zest and olive oil


7. Mango frappe 

8. Coconut, Honey Soy and Original Yo-Chi frozen yoghurt with kiwi, strawberry and passionfruit bombs!


In other news, I bought some new boots today (major excitement!)and also visited my dress in ksubi. I am currently trying to come up with valid excuses as to why I should buy it...christmas dress? sympathy present to myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment