Tuesday, June 29, 2010

back to it...

omg patter-rrrrrrns!
Lets talk about pattern, NO WAY. Let's talk about pattern, OK!

Sorry, I had the sudden urge to rant about pattern like a technological tween. But the use of pattern in the resort collections had this effect on me- like a sudden wave of juvenile excitement, that made me want to put every piece of patterned clothing I own on and run around singing the tune that ice-cream trucks make.....
SERIOUSLY it is that good. I mean ok, Missoni are renowned for their pattern on pattern layering and Balenciaga for their futuristic colour-ways, but this somehow all just came together, and blew my mind.


Yes! are you nodding your head in agreement and appreciation of the perfect balance of grandma knits and futuristic orbitals (whatever that means..). In case your not.....heres some more patterny goodness...




The Erdem print reminds me of Tavi's nebula shorts, and a shimmering ocean (you know the kind- when you go on a beach walk at night and you shine your torch onto the softly flowing sea....... maybe not, but i assure you it looks like this!). And the burnt, kinda seventies still life print by Stella McCartney is everything that regular itsy bitsy kitchy floral prints are not- feminine, strong, organically fashionable.....

Well, without saying too much more about resort, my overall opinion of the collections was that they were surprisingly great. The designers/design houses presented collections which showcased something much more sophisticated and deep- many comparable to fall/spring collections. This I find quite exciting and refreshing, and love that it leaves me with a minty-freshness, like i've just brushed my teeth......perhaps like a pre-dinner mint, or palette cleanser for whats to come......

xox

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the last dress and yes, I agree! That dress does reminds me of Tavi's nebula shorts. I want that dress now.

    ReplyDelete