Wednesday, June 16, 2010

resort 2011, instalment one


After traipsing through countless resort collections, i have stumbled upon a few main themes; the first of them being a kind of soft, angular paleness, which seems contradictory beautiful and enticing. The sweet young aroma of pale skin and juvenility are combined with this harsh, striking contrast between black and white, and i must admit i am totally digging it.
I can feel myself falling into the welcoming grasp of minimalist dressing (almost but not quite), simply for its beautiful neatness and clean feeling. The crispness in a simple, impeccably tailored dress is mesmerising...

i say almost, because (this brings me to my next instalment) the pattern and colour within some of the resort collections made me gasp with pure joy.......i will, however get to this later.

xxx

(alexander wang, celine, stella mccartney, calvin klein, proenza schouler, calvin klein, michael kors, calvin klein)

No comments:

Post a Comment